Axon Moore are recruiting at the newly qualified level for a forward thinking technology business based in Harrogate. The business sit in a rapidly growing market at the forefront of technology with a number of challenges to take on as a finance team.
The role is for a Management Accountant which will report into the Financial Controller. The role will sit amongst a team that has been significantly up skilled in the past 18 months, developing a highly technical unit with plenty of potential.
Key responsibilities in the role will be:
• Assisting the Financial Controller in preparing monthly management accounts
-Producing monthly reconciliations for all balance sheet items
-Accruals and prepayment calculations
-Analysis and commentary of P&L and Balance sheet variances
-In depth gross margin analysis at customer and contract level
• Overseeing the monthly sales commission process and assisting in resolving any issues arising
• Assisting the Financial Controller in the preparation of half year and annual statutory accounts, statutory returns, tax computations, other ad hoc filings and liaison with the external auditors.
• Other ad-hoc financial projects as needed from time to time
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
Whilst the role will probably lend itself best to a qualified accountant from and ACCA/CIMA background, the position also has plenty to offer an outstanding ACA candidate or finalist. Previous experience of working in a subscription based business and an understanding of the complex revenue work around it will offer a significant advantage. The team is looking for a self starter with an inquisitive approach who won't be afraid of taking on a steep learning curve. The ability to prioritise and understand requirements well will be a key feature to succeed in this role.
The appeal in this role should lie in joining an operation with challenges to overcome in a fast paced and growing industry. This Management Accountant's role offers a chance to make a palpable impact in a £100m turnover business and help positively affect the share price in the coming years.