Axon Moore have been engaged by an immediately recognisable brand based in Leeds city centre to assist in sourcing a Trading Accountant to join their finance function. This is a highly visible role, working for a fantastic brand in West Yorkshire.
You will combine technical accounting with business partnering key stakeholders to deliver financial plans.
• Act as Controller for part of the business, you would manage the accurate and timely production of financial information for internal/external reporting, including compliance with group accounting policies and procedures and managing the related financial control environment
• Reviewing financial performance on a monthly basis with Commercial Finance customers including clear articulation of variances to plan/forecast
• Maintaining an awareness of risk management issues across the business, and lead cross functional projects to enhance the control environment
• Advising the Traders/Buyers and Commercial Finance teams on the risk and financial control implications of new business initiatives
• Review of month-end balance sheet reconciliations
• Delivery of process improvement within the team, looking for opportunities to make processes more efficient
In order to be considered for the role:
• You will be a newly qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA)
• A strong business partner
• Great analytical skills
• The ability to influence
• On-site parking
• Strong package