Axon Moore are currently partnering a fantastic organisation within the construction industry as they search for a Company Accountant to join their team.
The business is very well placed to take advantage of new opportunities in the market & they are looking for the Company Accountant to join them on the next phase of their journey.
Reporting directly into the Managing Director you will take the lead on operational processes within the finance department including accounts payable and receivable, payroll, VAT and other HMRC returns, Internal Controls and Banking.
Leading a team of 4 transactional staff, you will have a stable background with a remit covering but not exclusive to:
• Responsibility for accounts payable and accounts receivable activities including sales invoicing
• Managing the invoice discounting system – uploading invoices and reporting availability for drawdown
• Analysis of financial accounting related information
• Bank reconciliations for all companies
• General office administration functions as required
• Execute all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Costing, Pricing, Revenue
• Assist the preparation/review of the budget and financial forecasts
• Assist in the monthly cash forecast preparation
• Preparation of timely monthly financial statements to draft accounts
• Coordinate the preparation of regulatory and tax (PAYE, VAT or equivalent)
• Liaison with the company’s external accountants
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
• Manage and support HR requirements throughout the business
• Provide the information for the monthly outsourced payroll
• Upload the monthly contributions to the pension provider for processing and payment
• Processing Intercompany transactions and reconciliation
• Auditing the invoicing process
• Managing adhoc finance projects
• Overseeing the various insurance policies
• Company Secretarial support
• Main contact with the Accountant
You will be a qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) or Qualified by Experience with previous experience as a Company Accountant or Financial Controller.
£45,000 - £55,000 + Bonus & Generous Package
If this opportunity is of interest, please send a copy of your most recent CV along with details of your current salary and benefits package.