Axon Moore have been engaged by an immediately recognisable brand based in East Leeds to assist in sourcing a Financial Accountant to join their finance function. This is a highly visible role, working for a fantastic brand in West Yorkshire.
You will combine technical knowledge with communication to ensure a strong control environment & help the business meet its objectives.
The role has responsibility for financial reporting and ensuring accounting implications are carefully considered in all commercial, operational and strategic decisions.
• Executing and improving key statutory reporting processes (e.g. annual accounts preparation and approval, liaising with other key stakeholders such as Tax, FP&A and External Audit)
• Involvement with and oversight of the smooth-running of the month-end close process, including the posting of specific manual journals.
• Ensure robust financial controls are established, well understood and being followed across the finance team
• Pro-active engagement with external auditors on critical areas and judgements, ensuring treatments are agreed well in advance.
• Preparation / review of key monthly balance sheet reconciliations
• Participating in cross functional projects which improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the statutory reporting processes and corporate structure
In order to be considered for the role:
• You will be a newly qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA)
• A strong business partner
• Great analytical skills
• The ability to influence
• £35,000 - £45,000
• On-site parking
• Strong package
• Fantastic career progression