A unique and exciting opportunity exists with one of the North West’s fastest growing PE backed businesses based in Cheshire. As Commercial Finance Analyst, you will have high exposure to commercial aspects of the business, working specifically on a number of projects focused on business improvement and change. There are two key elements of the role; firstly, the analytical side to provide support on new, business improvement initiatives, and secondly, to generate change in the business working in a Business Partnering capacity to drive future margin growth. For the analytical side, you should be excellent at handling/analysing data and possess strong excel skills (SQL experience would be highly advantageous.) For the Business Partnering side; communication and influencing skills are extremely important; you should be proactive in your approach, able to build effective relationships and not be afraid of challenging the status quo.
This is an ideal move for a high-calibre, driven and ambitious Qualified Accountant. The role would suit a candidate from Practice (restructuring, advisory or audit) who is seeking a truly commercial role within a fast-paced, constantly changing and exciting PE business. Audit candidates need to have meaningful commercial experience, outside of core audit. Equally, highly analytical candidates, with a strong background in business improvement/change in industry, should also apply.
Due to the continued success and growth of the business, there are excellent opportunities for progression. Reporting to a high-calibre, experienced Commercial Finance Manager, you will benefit from great support and mentoring.
In brief, your role will cover the following;
• Assist in the delivery of business improvement projects
• Use financial, commercial and technical experience to produce robust, accurate, commercial analysis
• Work closely with the Business Intelligence team, on large and complex data sets
• Work alongside the business to improve core processes so performance and profitability drivers can be embedded into the business
• Clearly articulate the commercial benefits of new initiatives
• Identify controls and guardrails to manage risks associated with new projects
• Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work with and influence a wide variety of people across the business
• Comfortable with change management, and challenging the status quo
• Qualified accountant, or highly financially literate with experience of business change initiatives
• Excellent excel skills, particularly in dealing with large data sets
• Ability to run SQL queries on databases
• Self-motivated and proactive: the ability to seek, identify and progress initiatives and ideas
• High degree of emotional intelligence
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills: the ability to communicate with people across the business, not just finance.
• Organised, an efficient and effective planner who can prioritise and manage multiple work streams
• Experience with business change/efficiency/improvement programmes
• Strong influencing skills
This is a brilliant opportunity, with one of the region’s most desired PE backed business. Apply now for more information.