Axon Moore have been exclusively engaged by a leading service provider based in Harrogate as they look to further expand their finance function bringing in a Financial Controller.
The role has arisen due to a fantastic business performance in 2018 & an increase in workload. The new role will support the Finance Director with the preparation of monthly management accounts, including P&L analysis and maintaining balance sheet reconciliations.
• The preparation of monthly management accounts within agreed timescales
• Creation, analysis and posting journals of accruals, prepayments, sales, rebates, payroll and petty cash
• Reconciling inter-company transactions
• Developing and maintaining balance sheet reconciliations to cover all balance sheet codes, with back up documentation for review
• Maintaining the Fixed Asset Register, raising depreciation journals and posting
• Producing of monthly financial information including profit and loss reports and balance sheet reconciliations within 8-10 working days of each month end. Ensure that these are prepared to a high standard and any risks are identified for line manager review
• Monthly VAT validation, quarterly returns and reconciliations
In order to be considered for the role:
• Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA)
• Strong system skills
• Ability to hit deadlines
• On-site Parking
• Fantastic career opportunities