Head of Group Reporting | E-commerce | Manchester | ACA | £competitive
Axon Moore is recruiting an Ambitious Head of Group Reporting for one of the region’s fastest growing businesses. The business has achieved unparalleled growth over the last few years via both organic growth coupled with multiple acquisitions across the globe.
With a direct reporting line to the company FD, this role represents a pivotal hire for the business and will undertake a significant responsibility for all aspects of group reporting, consolidation and integration of new acquisitions into the group.
With ambitious growth plans in place, this role represents an opportunity to play a significant role in shaping the future direction of this ambitious business. Day-to-day responsibilities for the Head of Group Reporting will include;
• Ownership of Group Annual Financial Report
• Have a pivotal link into Financial Planning and Analysis and Investor Relations
• Supervise and support the financial close
• Lead the Group audit internally
• Ensure delivery of all subsidiary statutory accounts to a tight timescale
• Ensuring that relevant accounting standards are applied and the group is aware of upcoming technical changes
• Liaise with relevant internal accounting policy stakeholders
• Develop relationships across wider group to ensure accurate and timely reporting
• Research and analyse new accounting standards
• Oversee the preparation of Statutory and Regulatory Group Financial Statements and maintaining adherence to the Financial Control Framework.
• Management of the annual audit process for the Group
• Development of accounting systems and policies
• Participate in creating any new reporting and technical accounting requirements that arise out of new commercial or changed commercial agreements or products
• Define, analyse and interpret group Financial Management information in order to provide insightful analysis to senior management
• Assist in the integration of acquisitions into the Group's financial systems
Required skills and experience:
• ACA qualified accountant from a Top10 practice, with at least three years PQE
• Proven, hands-on experience of management reporting in a large and complex business.
• Analytical, quick to grasp the fundamentals of a business and have strong communication skills.
• Ability to manage a high-volume workload in a fast-moving and changeable environment.
• A proactive attitude and desire to challenge the status quo
• An ability to build strong relationships with senior commercial management