Our client is seeking to appoint a high calibre Finance Director/CFO into an ambitious, niche B2B services business that is embarking on a period of organic and acquisitive growth supported by recent private equity investment. This individual will be joining a close knit and successful management team and will play a key role in building the financial and operational infrastructure to support the next stage of growth throughout the investment cycle before leading a successful exit in 3-5 years.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leadership and development of the finance function ensuring the business has the first-class commercial support, management information and infrastructure it requires to underpin further growth.
- Overhauling financial reporting to both internal and external stakeholders to provide enhanced visibility on the financial performance of the business, and the drivers of that performance.
- Building a robust set of KPI’s to support the Board and Senior Management team in driving business growth.
- Providing commercial and strategic input to assist in the growth of the business, including M&A.
- Robust working capital management.
- Stakeholder management with Private Equity, Banks, Advisors and Auditors.
The successful candidate will combine strong technical and commercial capability, be hands on in a small team, whilst being able to credibly contribute at Board level
Key experience will include;
• Experience in professionalising finance within an SME environment to support a growth business.
• Exposure to external stakeholders such as private equity investors and banks.
• Cash and working capital management.
• Corporate finance and transactional experience, including acquisitions and potentially a successful exit (not necessarily in a n1 finance role).
The successful candidate will have equity participation in the business and an outstanding wealth creation opportunity.