My client is a market leading, fast growing and profitable Private Equity backed business based close to Preston.
We are seeking an experienced, ‘hands on’ FD to oversee a newly acquired business which will form the basis of a new division. This is a new role to the business/division and therefore, there will be an initial focus on integrating into the Group through upskilling reporting, governance and processes to the necessary standards. There is also a need to develop Budgeting & Forecasting processes and models to help drive the business goals, reporting into the Group CFO whilst building a new finance department.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience/knowledge of project accounting, exposure to Private Equity and preferably experience in a project/contract business.
Responsibilities will include:
• Developing the Finance team and personnel with support from the group
• Provide business partnering to the senior management team, who have not worked with an FD before
• Monthly Management Accounts to Group standards and timetable
• Commercial support in pricing, supplier agreements and margins
• Support the Group CFO in evaluating further investment opportunities to accelerate growth and/or drive efficiency through the business
• Communicating in a clear and concise manner both with the business and to Group.
• Strong forecasting experience and skills.
Applicants will have worked in a growth situation before with experience of developing the Finance function, processes and systems, preferably in a PE backed scenario. Good Excel skills are a must, as well as experience of implementing or upgrading systems. We require someone with plenty of gravitas and the ability to build relationships in a business where financial management has not always been at the top of the agenda.
We are ideally looking for applicants that are quickly available and as such we may also consider candidates on an interim basis or an interim to permanent basis. However, candidates on an extended notice period will also be considered