Axon Moore are partnering with a true market leader in the logistics/ distribution industry. With a stronghold on the market and a history of continued growth the business presents itself as a fantastic opportunity for a high calibre finance professional to join a progressive and ambitious team.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the successful applicant will have genuine value adding opportunities, with a structure that provides development and progression. This role is ideally suited for an ambitious, driven and progressive candidate who will establish themselves as a key player in the commercial team.
• Provide Business Partnering services to the Operations Director and wider operations. leadership team for the Scotland region and be seen to be a trusted advisor for key business decisions.
• Consistently provide robust and accurate monthly reporting, budgeting, forecasting and ad hoc financial analysis.
• Actively influence day to day decisions, shaping strategy and the direction of the business to ensure key operational, commercial and financial targets are delivered.
• Fulfil a key change agent role for business improvement activities.
• Support in implementing and embedding a culture of finance business partnering within the organisation.
• Devise and implement effective processes to ensure forecasting is undertaken successfully in the organisation and can be used to make informed business decisions.
• Promote consistent application of policies, systems and practices to improve business performance.
• Support the month end process with the central finance team.
• Assist budget holders and project managers in the production of robust business cases.
• Prepare ad hoc financial and operational information as requested by budget holders.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of financial systems and ways of working.
• Provide support to non-finance staff in the day to day use of the all finance related systems.
• ACA/ CIMA/ ACCA qualified or strong commercial background.
• Ambitious and driven personality.
• Advanced Excel is essential.
• Ability to adapt to a fast moving business with the willingness to go beyond job specification.
• Strong interpersonal skills.