Axon Moore are exclusively working on behalf of a manufacturing business based in Salford. A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a technically astute Accountant to join a global business in a Senior Management Accountant role. We are seeking a technically strong, driven and meticulous individual with a background in manufacturing who can work in a pressured environment and to tight deadlines.
As Senior Management Accountant you will provide internal reporting activities for a large manufacturing plant and legal entity. This will include responsibilities around the month end close process cycle, mid-month processes, business and commercial analysis, standard costing, inventory accounting, budgeting, forecasting, cost base and assistance to ad-hoc projects.
You will be responsible for delivering the financial reporting processes and gaining a full understanding of the companies policies and internal controls to ensure adherence at all times, plus full financial ownership of the manufacturing entity including:-
• Inventory accounting, support on cycle counting, physical stock takes, business intelligence dashboards, and partnering with the manufacturing plant to meet inventory reduction targets whilst improving material availability
• Financial lead in monthly inventory reporting and reviews
• Partner with supply chain to ensure clean and current inventory master settings and deliver month on month reduction is obsolete and surplus inventory
• Cost base management, reporting, budget holder reviews and variance analysis
• Policing of the supply chain and manufacturing processes from a financial perspective
• Gross margin and standard costing analysis at a sales order level
• Calculation of the monthly operations scorecard
• Development of KPIs and business intelligence reporting
• Annual and quarterly budgeting and forecasting including variance analysis by business unit
• Lead on plant cost saving initiatives and provide financial support to ‘make versus buy’ projects and price v purchase quantity projects
• Quarterly calculation of the obsolescence provision
• Develop business intelligence reporting dashboard for manufacturing plant inventory
• Ensure sales price lists and tools are available to key stakeholders and ensure adequate margin
• Develop KPIs to measuring labour and machine utilization and efficiencies
• Support to ad-hoc continuous improvement projects across the manufacturing plant
• Implementation of internal controls across the plant
• Ensuring full compliance to Sarbanes Oxley controls
• Assistance to project managers with regards financial management of contracts
• Working with key people across the functions to improve the accuracy of reporting, improve the business and assist the finance manager and finance director in growing the financials of the business
• Identify and develop solutions where existing processes require improvement
• Key lead for the finance manager and the plant
• Ability to work under own initiative and unsupervised.
• Ad hoc reporting and investigation in relation to the monthly results, exception reports, inventory count discrepancy reports etc.
• Qualified accountant.
• Strong / recent Manufacturing background.
• Project Management experience.
• Senior stakeholder management skills.
• Advanced excel skills.
• Delivery of financial reporting KPI’s within a team.
• ERP system knowledge