Pricing Analyst | £40k-£45k | Manchester | Rapid growth | e-Commerce technology platform
Axon Moore is exclusively representing a rapidly growing, e-commerce/technology business based in the heart of Manchester as the Commercial Finance team look to appoint a self-starter who is a gifted analyst with natural commercial instincts.
Having grown incredibly rapidly, the business does not plan to stand still and as the business plans the next stage of its growth story there is a desire to develop a better understanding of, and ability to predict, the relationship between business decisions, customers, the market and the competition and then drive value creation through the insight this role will provide.
Working closely with the Managing Director and senior finance team you will be responsible for supporting strategic decisions with complex modelling and commercial advice, adding analysis before decisions are made and providing accountability afterwards.
The business has recently invested in expanding the commercial finance team that is now integral to maintaining profitability, supporting multiple areas of the business. This role is the final part of the jigsaw and the role holder will immediately become a senior member of the team, in a new role that has unparalleled exposure to senior stakeholders and as a result is highly visible. This will provide the successful candidate with a real opportunity to make their mark in the business and could be a perfect platform for rapid progression.
Reporting in to a high calibre Head of Commercial Finance, support will be provided to get up to speed but responsibilities will include:
• Business Partner with departments across the business to support strategic decisions
• Produce business insight surrounding performance indicators, highlighting trends and analysing causes
• Analyse current trends across the market, including competitor review
• Scenario modelling for all markets, including sensitivity analysis.
• Weekly understanding of activity in international markets
• Devise and suggest new and alternative strategies
• Monitor competitor activity & establish impact on performance
• Share findings with, and make recommendations to, both financial and non-financial stakeholders
• Prepare presentations for Senior Management Team and directors
• Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
• Mentor junior members of the team
You will be commercially minded with a proactive approach. These skills will accompany:
• A background in commercial analysis
• Experience creating complex models
• Experience creating scenario models & reporting
• Strong Excel skills
• Track record of working in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to understand the key levers and drivers of business performance and make analytical but common sense recommendations
If you would like to learn more about the role on a strictly confidential basis then please just submit an application or if you would like to have a more general conversation about your next career step, then simply contact Ruari MacLeod at Axon Moore - 0161 828 3010