Axon Moore are working with a hugely successful PE-backed business to recruit a Head of Commercial Finance.
The business is growing rapidly and this role will play a key part in driving improvements to their, already strong, bottom line performance through delivering a higher level of insight and strategic influence.
Reporting into the Finance Director, key responsibilities will include:
• Leadership and development of the Commercial Finance function and delivery of improved business insight.
• Offering support and challenge to the sales team and leading trading reviews to drive improvements
• Lead initiatives to improve the profitability of the business including an involvement in pricing
• Understand revenue and margin performance at client, product and transactional level to provide clear recommendations, propose actions and drive decision making
• Co-ordinate and lead the business and financial planning process for revenue and gross profit for the budget and three-year plan
• Highlight underperforming activities and risks to delivery of business plans and support the teams to put a performance plan in place driving actions to mitigate them
• Overall ownership of business dashboard and KPI reporting
• Review the performance of suppliers and competitors to gain commercial insight
• Develop business intelligence tools to sharpen reporting and analysis and the pace at which it is delivered
• Set revenue and profit targets to cascade to the sales team through the internal systems
• Manage and develop a team
Key experience / skills required:
• Qualified Accountant (ACA / CIMA / ACCA) with 5+ years post qualification experience
• Strong business awareness and commercial acumen
• Highly numerate and analytical
• Excellent interpersonal skills - confident, driven and energetic
• Tenacious with a drive to deliver results
• Able to communicate financial concepts to non-financial stakeholders
• Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders from the board down
• Can initiate improvement projects working across the business to deliver change
• Has outstanding organisational and time management skills work under pressure and manage priorities
• Analyse large volumes of data to reach solid key conclusions adding value through insightful detailed analysis and create actions that will deliver change
The role is expected to pay £60-70,000, a bonus, pension and 25 days holiday with the opportunity to purchase more days leave.