Axon Moore are working with a PE-backed SME in Leeds to recruit a Financial Planning and Analysis Manager. This is a newly created role, born out of growth and an appetite for finance to be able to add greater value and influence across the organisation.
The FP&A Manager role offers a tremendous opportunity to really make your mark as this in an incremental role in addition to the existing team.
You will be responsible for preparing forecasts, in addition to financial and commercial analysis, thus enabling the business to understand and drive its financial performance. As a true business partner you can have a very visible impact on helping the business work towards its strategic objectives.
• Preparation of forecasts including cashflow and also long-term balance sheet and P&L forecasts
• Preparation of the annual budget and ongoing development of budget models
• Partnering with key stakeholders and helping them work towards their budgets
• Improving analysis with regards to stock movements, helping the business understand how stock can impact on working capital requirements
• Improving the insight offered into cost movements and margin
• Improving management of the cost base to help optimise margin performance
• Scenario analysis to support strategic decision making
• Commercial support – customer profitability analysis, margin analysis and pricing support to sales management
Key experience / skills
• Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with experience of budgeting/forecasting
• A pro-active character – this role will focus on making improvements, you’ll need the confidence to instigate and implement changes to analysis and processes across the business
• A confident business partner – you’ll be comfortable engaging with non-finance staff, offering both support and challenge
• Previous experience of providing insight and influencing decision making is essential
• Strong excel / modelling skills required
• Experience of working within a business that holds stock is greatly preferred