Axon Moore are currently looking for a Finance Operations Administrator for one of our clients based in Telford.
The correct candidates day to day responsibilities will be;
• Review and process all invoices and payments on the payment systems ensuring payments are authorised in line with company authorities and are input, verified and released in line with team procedures.
• Process reports from the electronic banking system and complete daily forecast of bank balances and final cash position. Analyse daily variances to the forecast cash position.
• Process and reconcile live transmissions of BACS payments and collections, Standing Orders, Faster Payment and Unpaid Direct Debit files. Authorising for release if correct and investigating and resolving any discrepancies which may occur.
• Ensure cash, cheque and invoice receipts are processed daily and updated in accordance with team procedures and that any outstanding cheques or invoices are monitored regularly for resolution.
• Process cheque payments in line with team procedures ensuring that daily, relevant cheque numbers are updated from the printers and clearing information is accurately recorded from the bank.
• Review and reconcile daily bank movements, updating General Ledger on a daily basis, investigate and resolve any discrepancies.
• Complete reconciliations against team general ledger accounts, supplier statements and AP trail balances.
• Meet reconciliation and reporting timetables as communicated by the relevant reporting teams.
• Perform Business Acceptance Testing (BAT) of any underlying process or system changes affecting the team ensuring outcomes are documented and issues found are communicated immediately for resolution.
• Respond to queries from internal customers and third parties in line with agreed Service Level Agreements.
• Audit submission of staff expenses to verify they are in line with the Company Travel & Expenses Policy, document any exceptions and ensure that all items are correctly recorded in the system in line with team procedures.
• Process all BACS reports (e.g.. ADDACS, AWACS etc.) from the website on a daily basis in line with team procedures.
• Process credit and debit card payments daily, reconciling to Alpha, investigating and resolving discrepancies which may occur.
• Input new suppliers onto the Oracle EBS ensuring they are authorised in line with company authorities and have relevant supporting documentation.
• Understand and operate the Finance Operations controls as detailed in the Finance Self-Assessment.
• Ensure appropriate tax treatment of staff expenses and supplier invoices completing tax journals and adjustments as required in line with Finance Operations documented procedures.
• Liaise with internal and external customers where Finance Operations process has not been followed to provide guidance, training and support as required to ensure that procedures are followed in the future.
• Where capacity available, participate in other Finance processes as directed by Finance Operations Senior Team Leader or Finance Operations Manager.
? Basic skills in MS Word, MS Excel & MS Access (operating existing files).
? Ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
? Ability to deliver results whilst working to tight deadlines.
? Basic understanding or BACS rules and procedures and their application to the Finance Operations processes.
? Understanding of banking processes and procedures and their application to Finance Operations processes.
? Able to understand and articulate HMRC rules in relation to supplier invoices and staff expenses.
? At least 1 year business experience, with a focus in Finance or Accounting.
? Prior experience of delivering work to tight daily deadlines.
? Previous experience of either accounts payable or banking processes.