Axon Moore are working with a market leading, fashion retail business based in the heart of Manchester looking to strengthen its Commercial Finance team with the addition of an Interim Commercial Finance Manager
Rather than focusing on ‘core finance’, the successful candidate and will be tasked with providing insight to equip the board to drive company performance. The successful candidate will have experience in Commercial Finance and Analysis with an ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualification.
• Assist with the preparation of daily and weekly trading reports, assessing trading performance, success of promotions, marketing channel performance, e-commerce and product related metrics, ensuring clear and value adding recommendations are given to the business.
• Work with the rest of the cross-functional Trading Team to ensure analysis supports in-depth understanding of all areas of the business, including:
o key existing markets
o developing international markets
o new business units and brands
o impact of Premier
o impact of new app launch
• Work on ad hoc pieces of analysis and further investigation of topics highlighted in reviews of trading performance.
• Support team in ensuring that key trading issues are highlighted in near real time, while also ensuring that questions, in particular around country specific trading, can be answered quickly and accurately.
• Maintain / develop a good understanding of key data / analysis tools, most notably Qlikview and Google Analytics Premium, such that opportunities can identified to further utilise the data held within these tools to enhance analysis provided to the business.
• Work with Financial Reporting team to ensure that trading reports accurately reflect the underlying performance of the business.
• Qualified accountant with min 2 years PQE (industry trained preferred)
• Recent experience of retail / ecommerce trading environment, with a proven ability to react quickly to changes in trading
• Experience with BI / analysis tools (Qlikview, Google Analytics Premium)
• Understanding of SQL and relational databases (Desirable)