Axon Moore have been retained by a Private Equity backed technology business based just outside Leeds city centre to recruit a Financial Planning and Analysis Manager. This is a newly created role, born out of growth and an appetite for finance to be able to add greater value and influence across the organisation.
The core purpose of the role is preparing financial forecasts for the company, as well as associated commercial analysis in order to understand and drive financial performance. The role is pivotal in setting the annual company budget against which company performance is measured and reported.
- Ownership in the financial planning and analysis including annual and quarterly cycles.
- Oversee the management of a complex financial and operational budget model inclusive of future development.
- Continued development of the budgetary/forecast pack
- Support the strategic planning processes.
- Insightful reporting of key strategic projects on a daily/weekly & monthly basis.
- Work cross functionally to monitor & reduce costs and identify opportunities for profitable growth through the budget and forecasting cycle.
Key experience / skills
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with experience of budgeting/forecasting
- A pro-active character – this role will focus on making improvements, you’ll need the confidence to instigate and implement changes to analysis and processes across the business
- A confident business partner – you’ll be comfortable engaging with non-finance staff, offering both support and challenge
- Previous experience of providing insight and influencing decision making is essential
- Strong excel / modelling skills required
- £40,000 - £50,000
- Strong Pension
- Private Medical