Axon Moore are working with one of Yorkshire’s most famous brands to recruit a Financial Controller based in York. This will be a varied and exciting role within a business which offers first-class career development potential.
As a Financial Controller, you will combine your technical accounting prowess with coaching, communication and influencing skills to ensure that strong controls are maintained and that commercial colleagues are assisted in the delivery of their financial plan.
• As Financial Controller for two key business streams you would manage accurate and timely production of financial information for internal/external reporting, including compliance with group accounting policies and procedures and managing the related financial control environment
• Reviewing financial performance on a monthly basis with commercial colleagues and investigating variances to plan/forecast
• Maintaining an awareness of risk management issues across your business streams and leading cross-functional projects to enhance the control environment
• Advising commercial colleagues and commercial finance teams on the risk and financial control implications of new business initiatives
• Review of month-end balance sheet reconciliations
• Managing a team of 2 qualified accountants; coaching and developing these colleagues
• Delivery of process improvements within the team, looking for opportunities to make processes more efficient
Key experience / skills etc:
• Qualified Accountant with post qualification experience (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
• Strong technical accounting background - Big 4 audit experience experience preferred
• Leadership experience, in particular coaching and developing others
• Confidence liaising with people at all levels
• Great analytical skills and a strong communicator
• Able to quickly prioritise and make decisions
• Able to think laterally and challenge the status quo
The client will offer a competitive basic salary in addition to car allowance, bonus, strong pension scheme and other benefits.