Axon Moore is currently recruiting for a successful business based in the Walsall area who are looking for a Group Payroll Assistant to join their team. This job will be a Maternity Cover position.
• To provide a high quality, professional payroll service to one of our divisions (475 employees – monthly paid) ensuring all payments to employees and third parties are made accurately and on time.
• To take ownership of the pension auto-enrolment process for the group, ensuring that the workforce is assessed and enrolled in compliance with pension regulations and to reconcile, upload and pay over all pension contributions to statutory deadlines.
• Building strong working relationships with key contacts i.e. HR, Finance, IT Etc. to work together to identify and propose efficiencies within the HR/Payroll process and to achieve continuous improvement.
• To be responsible for the full payment submission (FPS) process for the group, including submission to HMRC
• To produce and distribute timely and accurate payroll reconciliations to each finance team on a monthly basis and to instigate the GL interface process.
• To ensure employee/manager queries are dealt with in a concise and eloquent manner and to be fully customer focussed at all times.
• To ensure adequate controls are maintained in order to protect the company from financial loss.
• 2 years of ‘hands on’ experience of a large volume, multi pay frequency payroll environment.
• A good working knowledge of cyborg or iTrent.
• To have gained a CIPP or similar accounting qualification.
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of current and upcoming PAYE legislation, pension enrolment/re-enrolment, RTI, manual calculations Etc.
• End to end payroll processing.
• Manual calculations.