Investment Portfolio Analyst/Manager | Private Equity House | Manchester City Centre
Axon Moore are exclusively representing one of the North’s most exciting private equity houses as they look to appoint a high calibre, recently qualified candidate in an Investment Portfolio Analyst/Manager role.
Following a period of significant fundraising and investment the Managing Director of the investment portfolio has created a new role in anticipation of significant further investment activity and is looking for a deputy to partner with key stakeholders within the businesses in the portfolio, mainly the MDs and FDs, in order to help integrate investments, drive performance and growth, provide oversight and share best practices across the portfolio.
The role will be dynamic and varied, but the successful candidate will undertake the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of reporting and analysis for a portfolio of companies to evaluate portfolio performance
- Provision of internal MI and analysis to senior management to aid decision making with regards to investment management
- Development and production of internal reporting metrics to monitor portfolio performance
- Liaison with, and challenging assumptions of, investment company FDs & MDs
- Provide value-adding recommendations to board level on strategic decision making within the investment portfolio
Support will be provided to develop in to the role so specific skills are not essential, personal qualities including intellectual dexterity, commercial acumen, drive and integrity are more highly valued. That said, the successful individual will ideally have the following background and skills
- Qualified accountant (0-5yrs)
- Experience within Corporate Finance, Transaction Services, Restructuring or Valuations would be an advantage, although not essential
- Ability to challenge and advise senior stakeholders within a rapidly moving environment
- Strong analytical skills and commercial instincts
- Excellent MS Excel and PowerPoint capability
Given the dynamic nature of the role and meritocratic environment where progression opportunities are unlimited, this role could provide a perfect platform from which to build a career in venture capital/private equity and quickly accelerate beyond peers.
If you would like to register your interest for the role then please submit a CV or call Steve Gillan confidentially on 0161 828 3010.