A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a conscientious and hardworking Finance Assistant to join our clients professional and dedicated Finance Team.
Based at our clients Head Office located in the South of Manchester, you will be capable of working independently and as a member of a team. You will have a flexible approach and the ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload to meet challenging deadlines. The role also requires a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
If you’re comfortable working in a fast-paced team and you have the following experience then we want to hear from you -
• GCSE Maths and English.
• Experience of working in a finance department.
• Understanding of accounting processes and procedures.
• Good all-around IT skills including Microsoft Office and other accounting software.
• Able to demonstrate initiative and work to tight deadlines.
• Good communication and listening skills.
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise a high-volume workload and emails.
• Able to work effectively with minimal management guidance/supervision.
• Keen to learn new skills, processes and systems.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Have a recognised finance qualification or working towards it (AAT).
• Knowledge of Sage.
Reporting in to our clients Finance Manager you will be responsible for duties as follows:
• Review and process payment requests in line with procedure.
• Ensure accurate and timely processing of data onto various systems.
• Process and authorise payments in line with Company procedure.
• Support the sales ledger function, where required.
• Liaise with other teams within the business to build effective cross-departmental relationships, all with the goal of enhancing the customer experience.
• Support various finance department tasks such as reconciliation processes, system development and testing, process improvement and updating process documentation.
• Any other finance duties as requested by management, in line with the needs of the Company.