Axon Moore are representing a highly successful and growing business that are looking to develop their finance function. Our client is seeking a Payroll Administrator to assist with running an efficient and effective payroll service, ensuring all employees are provided with accurate information at all times.
The successful candidate will:
• Process weekly payrolls
• Chase timesheets, ensuring all weekly data is collected and entered accurately
• Calculate and administer Statutory Payment for both employees and temporary workers
• Provide advice and guidance to colleagues on matters relating to pay, taxation, statutory payments and National Insurance
• Maintain up to date knowledge of payroll best practice, legislation as it applies to payroll, and all statutory payments and deductions.
The team are hardworking, passionate about what they do and agile to the needs of the business; our client needs our Payroll Administrator to be driven by those same principles.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
• Experience working in a high volume, complex weekly and monthly pay environment
• Enjoy working in a fast paced, commercial environment
• Have good written and verbal communication skills
• Have a strong team work ethic, with the willingness to get stuck in
• Confident in dealing with people over the phone and in person
• Strong customer service skills
• Excellent administration and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload
• Excellent attention to detail
• Reliable and flexible as to the needs of the business
• Must possess a solid working knowledge of statutory and legal requirements as they apply to payroll requirements
• Computer literate with solid proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and E-mail
• Strong experience of computerised payroll systems
• Good level of general education, preferably must have grades A - C in English and Maths (or equivalent)