Salary: £200 - £300 per day
Role Benefit: Fantastic team culture and a great leader; Exceptional training and career development opportunity for a talented Management Accountant looking to grow their career with a large listed company.
Reporting to the Plant Controller, this Management Accountant is primarily responsible for the analytics and management accounting functions including costing. On a day-to-day basis, this Management Accountant will be responsible for all of the Management Accounting and Analytics, including the set up and maintenance of standard costing models and the maintenance of Bill of Materials. You will also be supporting other Plant Accountants with providing oversight and control over the completeness and accuracy of the manufacturing results, shaping insight led analysis to support key decision-making and contribute to the budgeting and forecasting cycles.
The key success factor will be your curiosity in understanding business drivers and using that to help drive performance and provide strong commercial control and accountability. This is an excellent opportunity where you will have the ability to drive improvements and efficiencies that will increase overall operational effectiveness of the business.
• Setting up & maintaining standard product costs
• Assist the Plant Accountants in their manufacturing costs analysis
• Analysis of Inventory valuation & reporting
• Regular updates to bill of materials ingredients and packaging costs
• Ad-hoc cost scenario analysis
• Working with operation to identify BOM and routing consistency issues
• Shape insights around manufacturing variances such as material usage and purchase price variances, overhead recoveries etc.
• Support the budgeting and forecast cycles
• Provide ad hoc support to business profitability improvement initiatives, capital expenditure requests
You are a qualified Finance Professional with Management Accounting experience in an FMCG environment where you will be engaging with the operations teams. You bring strength in knowing your numbers and driving accountability of results. You will bring to the role a strong focus in Management Accounting within the FMCG or manufacturing industry whilst technically minded and enjoy being involved in the Costing and Analytics side of the business. Ideally, you are currently working as a Management Accountant and looking to join an organisation where you can grow into a Plant Manager.
• Professionally fully qualified
• Management Accounting experience
• Working within a FMCG or manufacturing industry
• Driven, focussed and eager to grow within an organisation
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Resilient, Positive attitude and a strong work ethic
Culture & Benefits
The company is going through growth; every day presents new and exciting challenges in a dynamic environment. People enjoy working for this organisation due to its commitment to excellence and continuous development. With a positive and resilient attitude, you can pursue your passion, grow your career and contribute to a business who is dedicated to providing the best quality.
• Brand name organisation, FMCG market leader
• Generous rate: £200 - £300
• High performance culture in a supportive environment; parking on-site
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the “apply” link addressing Tom Betteridge, quoting reference number MA33085AM in the subject line. Please allow for 3 - 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.