Axon Moore are currently working with a hugely successful and rapidly growing company based in the Solihull area. This is a new exciting opportunity for an experienced Payroll Advisor to join the business during an exciting time of growth and change. Your main responsibilities will include ensuring that all payroll deadlines are met, providing a professional payroll service to the head office and group, ensuring that all employees are paid in a timely manner, dealing with payroll queries and various other payroll related duties. You will work closely with the Payroll Manager, working closely with her and taking responsibility for payroll in her absence.
• Produce multiple monthly payrolls.
• Maintain and update payroll records.
• Ensure all payroll queries are resolved quickly and professionally.
• Ensure the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations is accurate and timely.
• Process auto enrolment and opt outs of pension scheme.
• Submission of HMRC requirements (FPS, EPS etc) correctly and on time.
• Ensure third party payments are processed correctly and paid on a timely basis.
• Investigation and resolution of HMRC enquiries.
• Advising on payroll tax and pay legislation.
• Year-end processing in accordance with HMRC legislation and procedures, including P11d and Class 1a contributions.
• Ensure full compliance at all times.
• Provide full cover during periods of holiday and absence of Payroll Manager.
• Undertake ad-hoc projects.
• Full knowledge of all aspects of payroll.
• Experience in data collection, entry and reporting.
• Proven track record of achieving deadlines.
• Ability to liaise with various departments to ensure all data regarding payroll is correct.
• Experience of working as part of a team and on your own initiative to strict deadlines.
• Excellent numerical skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to do manual calculations as well as being competent with payroll systems.
• Solid knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and regulations (eg SSP, parental leave).
• Excellent IT skills.
• Knowledge of SAGE 50 payroll.
• Attention to detail.
• Communication skills: written and oral.
• Team player.
• Organisational and time management skills.
• Problem Solving.