Divisional Finance Leader | Rapidly growing services business | Buy & build strategy| Central Manchester
Axon Moore is recruiting a Divisional Finance Leader on behalf of a rapidly growing Manchester-based services business. The high-profile role will be the financial lead for the largest division as they embark on an ambitious buy and build strategy.
The Divisional Finance Lead will be a technically sound, qualified accountant, on an upward trajectory in their career with considerable experience of operating alongside and influencing senior stakeholders in an international business. The role will be focused around:
- Driving improvements in the impact and understanding of financial reporting and KPIs on business performance by developing strong working relationships with key stakeholders to influence decision making and ensure that high quality financial decisions are made by the Divisional CEO.
- Contributing to forward looking, large scale and high-impact commercial and investment decisions and support effective financial planning within the division.
- Post-acquisition integration and harmonisation in to the group with considerable opportunity to introduce best practice across the business as well as working with other parts of the Finance team to ensure that the success of any M&A is monitored.
- Identifying and driving financial efficiency with divisional leadership, ensuring that the division allocates resources effectively with rigorous pressure on costs and a commitment to a value-for-money approach
- Working with other areas of the Finance team to implement, validate and review processes to support the integrity of the Group financial infrastructure and enable the current international growth.
- Reviewing and assessing the controls across the division and in acquisitions to ensure that they are fit for purpose and that the necessary improvements are made where applicable.
The role requires a graduate and qualified accountant, ACA, ACCA, or CIMA. For candidates who trained in industry, you will need to demonstrate significant experience of a commercial Finance role in a listed, international company. Other key skills and experience include:
- Strong communication skills and demonstrable experience of building strong and robust relationships will be an essential requirement.
- A proven track record in having influenced key stakeholders to positively drive business performance and financial controls and understanding.
- A high level of commercial acumen and the ability to educate and support the business to understand their finance performance.
- The ideal candidate will have experience of working with international businesses.
If you would like to have a confidential conversation about the role/business in more detail and the strategy going forward then simply submit a CV and someone will be in touch.