Axon Moore are delighted to be working in retained partnership with Smoothwall to help them hire an ambitious and commercially minded Commercial Finance Analyst.
The business is a private equity backed, fast growing, tech enabled business based just outside Leeds city centre. This is a newly created role, born out of growth and an appetite for finance to be able to add greater value and influence across the organisation.
Smoothwall’s purpose is to empower schools to digitally safeguard the students in their care, from humble beginnings in 2000, they have grown into an award-winning organisation supporting over 4 million users and partners in more than 60 countries around the world. Their IT solutions are designed to keep customers one step ahead in the evolving world of digital safety.
The core purpose of the role is preparing financial forecasts for the company, as well as associated commercial analysis in order to understand and drive financial performance. The role is pivotal in setting the annual company budget against which company performance is measured and reported.
- Involvement in the financial planning and analysis including annual and quarterly cycle.
- Continued development of the budgetary/forecast pack
- Support the strategic planning processes.
- Insightful reporting of key strategic projects on a daily/weekly & monthly basis.
- Work cross functionally to monitor & reduce costs and identify opportunities for profitable growth through the budget and forecasting cycle.
Key experience / skills
- Experience of budgeting/forecasting
- A pro-active character – this role will focus on making improvements, you’ll need the confidence to instigate and implement changes to analysis and processes across the business
- A confident business partner – you’ll be comfortable engaging with non-finance staff, offering both support and challenge
- Previous experience of providing insight and influencing decision making is essential
- Strong excel / modelling skills required
If this opportunity is of interest, please send a copy of your most recent CV along with details of your current salary and benefits package to firstname.lastname@example.org
£ excellent + bens + bonus
Axon Moore have been retained to deliver this assignment. Only CVs submitted via Axon Moore can will be included in the process. Applications sent directly to the client will not be included.