Axon Moore are representing a successful and innovative organisation looking to develop their finance team. Based in York, the business is now looking to recruit an ambitious Payroll Manager.
The Payroll Manager is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of payroll for the Group’s 2000+ employees (monthly). The Group has grown rapidly over the last 5 years and require a strong Manager who can develop and lead the team, driving a program of automation and continuous improvement.
• Responsible for the management of the payroll team and payroll process
• Responsible for weekly payroll deadlines and monthly payroll – starters, leavers, SSP, SMP etc.
• Weekly and Monthly reporting (internal and external)
• Weekly and Monthly reconciliations and submissions
• Identify and implement opportunities for automation
Essential skills required:
• Experience of processing high volume weekly payrolls for individuals
• Ability to work in a high pressure environment
• Experience of managing a team of at least 5
• Strong leadership
• Total commitment to accuracy and achievement of deadlines
• In depth understanding of all relevant UK payroll legislation (pension auto-enrolment, apprenticeship levy, AWR, WTD, Gender Pay Gap Reporting, GDPR, NMW etc.)
• Understanding of key internal controls and reconciliations
• A good understanding of Finance and accounting principles
• Excellent IT skills
• Understanding of change management and project based work including automation of manual processes and consolidation of disparate teams
• Experience of introducing KPI and management reporting
• Calm, professional and strong personal presence