Senior Financial Controller
to c£70-80k plus car, bonus
Axon Moore is working with a dynamic and highly acquisitive business looking to recruit an ambitious Senior Financial Controller who will support the Finance Director and wider operational management in delivering further profitable growth.
Operating in a fast moving, complex environment this is an ideal opportunity for a commercially orientated finance professional to further develop their leadership skills in readiness for becoming a Finance Director in due course.
With a passion for financial rigour this role will play a key role in ensuring the business has the requisite MI, infrastructure and controls to underpin continued organic and acquisitive growth. It will help ensure the business is supported by a best in class finance function, with an agile, proactive and ‘can do’ culture.
In addition to dealing with core reporting, the Senior Financial Controller will assist in helping evaluate and integrate acquisitions and undertake ad hoc analysis/investigation to help support various commercial initiatives.
The sought after individual will therefore be able to demonstrate a strong track record of achievement to date, ideally with previous experience in a rapidly growing and/or private equity backed business.
The Senior Financial Controller will be responsible for the following areas:
• Overseeing the production of the monthly accounts, KPIs and wider management information and associated tasks in the annual reporting process
• Production of annual budgets, forecasts and additional performance analysis and commentary
• Production of monthly board reports and cash flow forecasting
• Leading and developing a high performance finance team
• Continued process improvement – helping deliver a strong, scalable finance infrastructure
• Ad-hoc projects/analysis as required
The successful candidate will be/have:
• Bright, ambitious, tenacious and robust – able to respond incisively and pragmatically to ongoing business challenges
• c5year plus PQE – able to combine strong technical skills with natural commercial awareness
• The ability to build rapport and communicate with both the finance team and multiple internal and external stakeholders
• Demonstrable capability to operate at speed and prioritise key tasks and projects when necessary