Axon Moore are exclusively working on behalf of a manufacturing business based in Salford. A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a technically astute Accountant to join a global business in a broad Company Accountant role. We are seeking a technically strong, driven and meticulous individual who can work in a pressured environment and to tight deadlines.
As a Finance Accountant you will provide internal reporting activities for the UK Sales entity of a global manufacturer. This will include responsibilities around the month end close process cycle, mid-month processes, business and commercial analysis.
You will be responsible for delivering the financial reporting processes and gaining a full understanding of the companies policies and internal controls to ensure adherence at all times, plus full financial ownership of the UK Sales entity including:-
• Monthly reporting via ERP system
• Business unit P&L analysis
• Variance to budget and forecast commentary
• Commercial reporting and analysis on revenue and margins
• Ensure consistency with global standards in revenue recognition (US GAAP / UK GAAP)
• Maintenance and reconciliation of all inter-company recharges
• Gross margin and standard costing analysis at a sales order level
• Sarbanes Oxley controls and completion of quarterly Internal Control Questionnaires
• Maintenance of the billing and back log master databases and analytics order level, graphs, KPIs
• Partner with Sales function on the management of large projects including revenue recognition and billing requirements
• Work closely with the commercial analyst to provide good quality and intelligent information to various internal stakeholders
• Prepare annual statutory accounts and tax return in partnership with KPMG and PWC
• Prepare and support all internal and external audits
• Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
• Annual budgeting and forecasting
• Annual budgeting and monthly forecasting including variance analysis by business unit
• Develop business intelligence reporting dashboards for manufacturing plant inventory
• Drive improved product margin in partnership with the plant
• Support to ad-hoc continuous improvement projects across the sales company
• Qualified accountant.
• Strong / recent Manufacturing background.
• Project Management experience.
• Senior stakeholder management skills.
• Advanced excel skills.
• Delivery of financial reporting KPI’s within a team.
• ERP system knowledge