Financial Controller | Up to £45k | Crewe | ACA CIMA ACCA | International Role
Axon Moore is working with a dynamic and market leading service provider based in Crewe. With operations spanning Europe and strong plans for growth, our client is looking to strengthen the team with the addition of a Financial Controller who can bring excellent commercial awareness, strong reporting skills and a proven track record of people management.
About the company
At the forefront of a growing market, with a strong brand and offices in England, France, Germany, Italy and a host of other European countries, our client has a proven track record of growth through both acquisition of and collaboration with other major players in the sector. This is set to continue, with plans and resources in place to secure and expand their market share in new and existing territories.
About the role
The successful candidate will be a key member of the central finance team which consolidates the work of satellite finance functions in the various offices. Reporting directly into a Senior Financial Controller and the FD, this regional role includes responsibility for local and remote direct reports. This role provides a real balance between hands-on reporting and project-based business partnering. Projects include system upgrades, product launches and process overhauls.
Key roles and responsibilities
Finance Business Partnering
• Leading on projects and working cross-functionally with colleagues to deliver on financial and time metrics
• Management of and collaboration with remote teams to ensure the consistent high standard of work
• Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate effective reporting and audit processes
• Active involvement in launch of new products
• Effective delegation of tasks amongst the team
• Production of the monthly management accounts and postings
• Supporting a finance team remotely with banking and accounting
• Responsibility for ensuring all compliance standards are met
• Active involvement in quarterly audit
• Qualified ACA, CIMA or ACCA accountant
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Detailed working knowledge of reporting standards including IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP
• Strong knowledge of VAT and tax reporting
• Advanced excel skills and prior exposure to big data (especially through databases) are highly desired
For immediate consideration or to further discuss this role and similar please get in touch with Bradley at Axon Moore