Interim Management Accountant – 3-month + Extension
Salary: £40,000 - £46,000
Location: Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Role Benefit: Hands on role, become the subject matter expert in a crucial area and deliver key insights and value add
Reporting directly to the Senior Finance Manager, the Management Accountant is responsible for providing insightful commercial and financial advice and decision support for a key area to the wider business.
In this role the Management Accountant will lead the day to day analysis of the business performance against key KPIs and targets as well as assist in the development of annual, semi-annual and quarterly performance reports.
The key success factor will be your curiosity in understanding business drivers and using that to help drive performance and provide strong commercial control and accountability. This is an excellent opportunity where you will have the ability to drive improvements and efficiencies that will directly increase the overall effectiveness of the business.
• Ensuring the gross margin elements of the management accounts are completed accurately, in a timely manner, on a monthly basis and provide the necessary commentary for any material variances
• Responsible for in depth analysis of gross margin of one of the three service towers Cloud, Connectivity and Collaboration. This will include providing gross margin by contract and by customer (where possible) with an aim of reporting both customer and product level profitability
• Be the subject matter area of your service area, understanding detailed elements and drivers of cost, accuracy and completeness of customer billing and recognition of revenue in adherence to IFRS 15. - Working closely with the other members of the management accounting team to provide a holistic view of margin at total business-level
• Working closely with the business to ensure they understand the costs of their areas and they can give approval of any invoices that come to them
• Support the commercial finance team with costing models to sense check “actuals” vs what is in their models
• Working closely with the Commercial Finance team to ensure that any variances discovered through the monthly analysis are fed into the rolling forecast model
• Support the wider Finance team with the implementation of Dynamics 365 and ensure that workflows are fully tested before go-live to facilitate a clean “cut-over”
You are a qualified accountant (or finalist level) with experience of supporting commercial goals. Your key strengths include your accuracy and excellent attention to detail and strong written and oral communication skills. You are highly motivated, mature and friendly individual. You will also have an engaging personality and possess the attributes of a great team player.
If this sounds like you, please send your CV by clicking the “apply” link addressing Tom Betteridge, quoting reference number TB33295MA.