My client is a professional services advisor that is rapidly expanding internationally. Each country operates locally under a Manchester-based parent that drives expansion and collaboration between countries. To support further growth and improve strategic decision making the board is looking to appoint a strong Financial Controller to take sole responsibility for all group level finance activity.
Reporting into the Group Executive Board, the Financial Controller will support the country management teams and the board by taking responsibility for financial management and the reporting of overall financial performance against strategic objectives, analysing business performance and preparing insightful MI to support executive decision making. Responsibilities will include:
• Lead the preparation and consolidation of annual budgets and forecasts.
• Ensure KPIs are developed, communicated and achieved, evaluating performance by analysing these KPIs
• Maintenance and production of parent’s monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounts
• Cashflow and treasury management; driving financial planning through analysis, managing cash and liquidity risks
• Calculate and raise recharge invoices on group members
• Preparation of VAT returns
• Work with local teams to ensure compliance and risk requirements are being met
• Management of audit process
• Tax planning, structuring and compliance in conjunction with auditors and tax advisors
Although there is no need to line manage staff, leadership in this role is essential as the company is growing and the complexity will only grow from here; the role also requires interface with the Board and the Exec team including holding everyone accountable to ensure the company's financial health.
Required skills and experience:
• Audit-trained, ACA Qualified
• Good communication skills across all levels of seniority
• Prior experience in professional services would be an advantage
• Well-versed in all aspects of financial management
• Strategic thinking with a strong analytical mind, and comfort with numbers and spreadsheetsManchester