Axon Moore are exclusively partnering with a services and property business based in Burnley. This is an excellent opportunity to join a recently established group of businesses that is experiencing accelerating growth and looking to bring in a new hands-on Head of Finance. This newly created position will be involved in all areas of the business including investments, commercial, financial accounts and creating a new finance function. You would be reporting into the CEO and will be a crucial part of the future of the business and possible investment/exit plan.
The role will include:
• To bring in the full finance function by setting up the management reporting, systems, controls and processes
• Looking at new investments, managing cash and building new cashflow models
• Lead on internal and external reporting, production of monthly accounts, year-end and management information
• Manage working capital cycle, WIP and forecasting
• Build relationship with banks, insurers, solicitors and other external stakeholders including possible investors
• To implement, maintain and design a suitable financial system for the business to grow
• Have full ownership of the P&L, balance sheet reconciliations and commercial projects
• Supporting the CEO and other stakeholders with any financial and commercial support
• Ad hoc commercial projects including analysing new business ventures and full due diligence
You will be a fully qualified accountant either a ACA, CIMA or ACCA and would have experience within a SME environment. You will need to have a solid level of accounting background, excellent commercial experience and enjoy a hands on role . Setting up a finance function would be beneficial.
Salary is £65k - £75k + bonus + benefits
For further information or for immediate consideration then please contact Perran at Axon Moore