Chief Financial Officer
to c£120k-140k plus car, bonus, equity
Our exclusive client is a dynamic, growing private equity backed manufacturer and supplier of specialist products to both UK and international markets.
Operating a unique vertically integrated business model, it has engendered high levels of trust within its end user communities who rely significantly on exceptional product quality and customer service.
In the UK it continues to outperform the market, increasing its market share year on year, and considerable growth is forecast from international markets which are becoming a larger part of the sales mix as the business expands.
In the last two years it has invested heavily in technical capability, new product development and its sales and marketing functions (including e-commerce capability). The benefits of this investment are now beginning to bear fruit, and the business is ideally positioned for further profitable growth and a successful exit in due course.
As part of these ambitious plans, they are now seeking to appoint an outstanding, commercially orientated Chief Financial Officer who will work closely with all areas of the business and play an integral part in maximising ongoing sales growth/profitability and operational efficiency. A number of projects are already underway and there is significant opportunity for further improvement.
As such this is an excellent, broad ranging and exciting Chief Financial Officer role for an individual with a passion for adding value to a business and maximising shareholder value.
Operating as part of a tight knit and highly experienced executive team, and leading small but highly capable Finance, IT and HR functions, the role will include:
• Ensuring the business has a first class, commercially integrated finance function capable of delivering incisive and responsive reporting, supporting the business as it grows
• Providing commercial and strategic input to drive further profitable growth, ensuring continual focus on the enhancement of shareholder value
• Proactive engagement with operational areas, seeking out opportunities for improved efficiency and uplifts to general/operational margin
• Continued robust management of working capital across multiple locations
• Active engagement with any M&A activity including evaluation, execution, and integration (including possible refinancing as required)
• Development of strong, open relationships with key stakeholders
• Ensuring the business has the requisite infrastructure, MIS, systems and controls to underpin further growth
• Providing first class forward thinking financial and commercial leadership that inspires confidence and respect across the business
The candidate sought will ideally bring:
• A strong track record of success within a fast-moving manufacturing/assembly/distribution type environment (alternative sectors considered provided strong private equity experience as below)
• Prior experience of operating in a private equity/leveraged environment
• Strong technical and commercial skills, with the ability to operate at both a strategic and detailed level
• A commercially curious outlook – keen to quickly add value to the business, and proactive in their approach to seek out further opportunities to do things more effectively
• High levels of personal drive – recognising this as a key opportunity in their career, and being fully aligned with the management team to pursue excellence and deliver a successful exit in due course
• Highly developed leadership and interpersonal skills - able to demonstrate a strong fit with the business’ informal but professional, collaborative culture