Axon Moore have been engaged by a private equity backed technology business based in Leeds city centre to assist in hiring a technically strong Finance Manager. The business sits in a rapidly growing market at the forefront of technology with a number of challenges to take on as a finance team.
The role reports directly into the Financial Controller & a key cog of the company’s financial operations. You will be an integral component in driving business performance through offering yourself as business partner to non-finance stakeholders & assist in the production of credible MI. You will be responsible for accurate understanding, challenge & reporting of revenue, costs, fixed assets as well as the wider balance sheet.
• Executing and improving key statutory reporting processes (e.g. annual accounts preparation and approval, liaising with other key stakeholders such as external advisors)
• Involvement with and oversight of the smooth-running of the month-end close process, including the posting of specific manual journals.
• Ensure robust financial controls are established, well understood and being followed across the finance team
• Pro-active engagement with external auditors on critical areas and judgements, ensuring treatments are agreed well in advance.
• Preparation / review of key monthly balance sheet reconciliations
• Participating in cross functional projects which improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the statutory reporting processes and corporate structure
In order to be considered for the role:
• You will be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
• Technically gifted
• Great analytical skills
• The ability to influence stakeholders external of finance
• £50,000 - £60,000
• Strong pension
• Private Medical
• Fantastic career progression