Chief Financial Officer
to c£120-130k plus car, wealth creation opportunity
Our exclusive client is a leading private equity backed B2B services provider with an excellent market reputation and a strong and extensive client base.
Able to win work against much larger competitors, it prides itself on its agility, innovative outlook and dedication to outstanding customer service.
Highly entrepreneurial and with a strong values-led culture, it has ambitious plans for both organic and acquisitive growth. As part of these plans, it is seeking to appoint a highly commercial CFO who will help ensure it is fully supported by outstanding and incisive financial leadership as it prepares for an exit in due course.
Working closely with the CEO and the wider management team, the role will include:
• Ensuring full visibility of business performance, proactively identifying opportunities for profit maximisation and areas of risk
• Leading and developing the finance team, promoting a ‘business partnering’ outlook and rigorous cost control
• Ensuring the business has the requisite KPIs/MI, controls, systems and infrastructure to underpin further growth
• Financial lead on bid proposals, including ongoing review of customer/contract profitability and protection/enhancement of gross margin wherever possible
• Robust management of working capital
• Handling the relationship with private equity investors, bank and relevant external advisers
• Helping ensure comprehensive focus on maximising shareholder value and playing an integral role in driving the business to a successful exit
The incoming CFO will be:
• Bright, down to earth and robust
• Strong interpersonally with a dynamic and proactive outlook
• Commercially orientated – always keen to add value
• Able to build strong relationships both internally and externally with the requisite gravitas to quickly instil confidence and respect
• Ideally able to demonstrate a strong track record of achievement in a B2B services environment
• Experience of private equity would be distinctively advantageous