Axon Moore are exclusively partnering with an international PE backed services company based near Preston. This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful brand in Lancashire who are looking to bring in a dynamic number 2 in finance. This Group Financial Controller position will be working very closely to the CFO and other senior stakeholders across the business. The role will be focusing on driving the numbers, managing a strong finance function and driving process and control improvements across the business.
The role will include:
• Have full ownership of the P&L, balance sheet reconciliations and commercial projects
• Driving cash flow management, financial reporting and reviewing VAT
• Review the internal and external reporting, production of monthly accounts and management information with your team
• Support and draft the annual internal/external audit process and statutory accounts production with the CFO
• Build external relationships with auditors, solicitors and private equity house
• Developing the finance team including management accounts and transactional team
• Create processes, efficiencies, oversee the full finance function and make changes including how they forecast, analysing data and use of their systems
• Partner senior stakeholders and the CFO in presenting and explaining financial information and performance of the business
You will be a fully qualified accountant from either a ACA or ACCA background and ideally have worked within a fast-moving environment. You will need to have a strong level of technical accounting background, had some commercial experience and use to a hands-on environment. This will be a significant opportunity to get into an exciting role with lots of change, challenges and be a part of an exciting journey especially within private equity. This would be the steppingstone to becoming a Finance Director within PE in the future.
Salary is £80k - £90k + bonus + benefits
For further details or for immediate consideration then please contact Perran Cooke at Axon Moore.