A dynamic and fast-growing, mid-market private equity firm in Manchester is looking to strengthen it's Investment / Corporate Finance team as they embark on an exciting phase of growth.
The Group has recently secured significant additional investment as it continues to capitalise on its unique market positioning with some very exciting strategic plans. As part of these plans, the Group CEO is looking to selectively grow the team with high-quality recruitment. With plans to make several appointments, we are considering candidates from newly qualified to Associate Director level.
This is a unique opportunity to help deliver strategic growth for the group, working on direct private equity transactions (sourcing, appraising and executing equity investments) and corporate finance transactions (transacting both new investments and assisting portfolio acquisitions & disposals).
The roles are diverse and dynamic in a highly commercial environment where the successful candidates will develop transactional experience and build/gain investment experience as the business continues to grow.
You will share responsibility for:
• Quickly developing an understanding of a target business and its commercial and financial drivers
• Interpretation of information memoranda, business plans and public information on targets
• Review and analysis of historical trading, cash flow and balance sheets
• Review and analysis of projections and underlying assumptions
• Building financial and operational models as part of the investment process
• Preparation of investment papers
• Production of reports and presentations for investors and senior management team
• Project management of strategic, investment & CF processes
• Building strong relationships with management teams
• Proactively networking to generate new leads
• Contributing new ideas and approaches as part of the team
• Promoting and retaining an important working culture
This is a diverse and exciting opportunity. The successful candidates will be attracted to the opportunity of moving out of practice (typically Advisory, TS, RS, Valuations) into an entrepreneurial environment that capitalises on a track record within a corporate finance-based role. It may be that the candidate already has investment experience and is looking for the next move.
The successful candidate possess:
• A flexible & collaborative approach, with commitment to working as part of a small and busy team
• Commercial acumen with a willingness to learn new skills, working directly with senior colleagues
• Ambition to join a differentiated organisation that is disrupting the market
• ACA qualified or equivalent qualification – minimum 12 months post-qualified experience (with TS/CF/RS/Valuations) and up to Associate Director level
• Strong financial analysis and business modelling (working with excel)
• Strong report writing, with an appropriate focus on conciseness and key commercial issues (working with PowerPoint)