Axon Moore have been retained to partner with a fast growing and acquisitive private equity backed services company based in Preston. This is an excellent opportunity to join a business that is currently going through progressive and positive change and looking to bring in a hands on Financial Controller. This brand new Financial Controller position will be working very closely to senior stakeholders and will be reporting in to an excellent CFO. The role will be focusing on driving the numbers and being the number 2 in finance. This opportunity is set up to become the future FD so would suit someone very ambitious.
The role will include:
• Overseeing the production of the Financial Accounts and payroll and developing your team of 8
• Lead on internal and external reporting, oversee production of monthly accounts and management information
• Coordinate annual external audit process and statutory accounts production
• Build relationships with auditors, banks and external relationships
• Have full ownership of the P&L, balance sheet reconciliations, controls and drive process improvements
• Manage working capital cycle, WIP and cash flow forecasting
• Partner senior stakeholders and board in presenting and explaining financial information and performance of the business
• Being the financial lead on bids/tenders and new acquisitions
You will be a Fully Qualified Accountant from either a ACA or ACCA background and have experience working within audit and exposure in a similar role. You will need to have a solid level of accounting background and use to a fast-paced environment. This will be a significant role to get into a private equity backed business with lots of change and challenges and could suit an ambitious Financial Controller.
Salary is £60k - £65k + bonus + benefits
For further details or for immediate consideration then please contact Perran Cooke at Axon Moore.