Axon Moore have partnered with an international business based in Manchester City Centre who are looking to bring a credit control supervisor into a growing and successful team.
Reporting into the financial controller the successful applicant will play a pivotal role in the development of the credit control function, initially managing one team member and assisting with the growth of the team. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, hands on senior credit controller / credit supervisor to take the next step in their career.
You will be responsible for managing the credit collections process globally, providing regional support, to resolve any customer related issues and queries whilst supporting the shared service centre to ensure efficient job management through to cash collection.
• Manage the credit team, providing support as an escalation on credit issue globally
• Manage the supply chain finance on-boarding with customers
• Work with regional general managers and local job managers to ensure prompt payment of customer invoices.
• Liaise with customers and customer payment teams to resolve issues around invoice rejection, dealing with country specific requirements.
• Produce weekly statement of account for global regions, issuing status on each invoice, including aging and expected payment dates.
• Work with the SSC cashier team to ensure customer payments are recorded and allocated efficiently.
• Highlight any debit balances on the ledger and agreeing a plan of action to resolve these with the SSC/local finance team
• Support the financial controller with provision of data and reporting for overdue debts
• Prepare regular and ad hoc reporting as required for management & customer use for queries and overdue debts
• Work with the wider credit control team to align processes and ways of working, ensuring consistency across processes and reporting, sharing learnings and best practice.
• Assist with ad hoc projects and integrations as required
• Ensure that invoices are raised to customers on a timely basis, once jobs are marked as bill ready by job managers.
• Work closely with management accountants and finance business partners to provide other finance assistance where required, particularly around market cashflow management
• Ad-hoc tasks as and when required
• Strong excel skills
• Strong numerical skills
• Enthusiastic and likes to be part of a team
• Pro-active self-starter
• Previous team management
• Good communication skills both verbal and written
• Attention to detail and self-disciplined
• Motivated and committed
• Experience in working in a large organisation with various stakeholders
• Experience in dealing with people
• Experience of working to tight deadlines