Finance Manager – Projects & Commercial
PE backed niche engineering business in Leeds.
The role of the Projects Finance Manager has been created to allow more transparent and timely reporting to the executive team on the financial performance of both customer funded engineering projects, and new product development programmes, including the identification of opportunities to improve profitability and add value to the business.
Responsibilities will include:
• Monthly reporting of profit & loss and cash flow for each project, resulting in an up-to-date project profitability and working capital report.
• Business partner to the Operations Director and the Project Management team
• Report to management on any opportunities for additional billings
• Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects
• Work with Commercial Managers to model financials for customer bids and internal project business cases
• Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders
• Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management
• Work with finance team regarding unpaid contract billings
• Investigate all project costs not billed to customers
• Respond to requests for more detail from customers
• Close out project accounts upon project completion
• Liaise with Cost Accounting teams within customer functions and be the key contact for invoicing, finance reporting, and rate card approvals.
Candidates must be qualified accountants and have project accounting experience.
This role will report directly to the CFO and will be visible across the entire business. You will be an engaging and proactive communicator with a collaborative style. Driving insight, opportunity, challenge and control into the fascinating range of projects that this client undertakes in both the Public and Private sector will give you great satisfaction. You will have ambitions for onward career development within the Group. Some UK travel will be involved.
This recruitment process will be conducted in compliance with all Covid-19 guidelines. Please forward a CV without delay. Initial interviews will be held ASAP and online.