Axon Moore are working with a VC backed technology business in South Manchester who are seeking an interim Financial Accountant on a temp / temp to perm basis.
You will be responsible for assisting the financial controller by providing support in the financial reporting cycle and preparing analysis to deliver key financial results. You will manager Financial Reporting and Financial Accounting alongside other ad hoc duties.
• Prepare monthly management accounts for the group
• Produce monthly cashflow and rolling P&L forecast(s)
• Track costs against Budget to identify cost savings/ efficiencies
• Monthly reporting and financial analysis on P&L and Balance sheet
• Provide support during month end and assist with the Board pack
• Ownership of the parent company balance sheet, reviewing entries and checking accuracy
• Review reconciliations performed by the management accountant
• Carry out second review of credit card and expenses, checking coding and tax sensitive items
• Review purchase invoice entries in accounts system
• Prepare quarterly intercompany recharges
• Review and set up weekly payment runs
• Identify potential improvements to processes and procedures to improve efficiency
• Provide support to the management accountant and ensure all work assigned is completed
• Support the Finance Controller with any ad-hoc duties as required
• Qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) - must be active member.
• Available to interview / start at short notice
• Intermediate / advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
• Strong accounting experience with a sound understanding of all management accounting disciplines
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Able to adapt to change
• Experience in the technology sector