My client is a Private Equity backed business within the hospitality sector based in the North of England.
Despite tough global trading conditions in the sector, this business is stable and has performed positively with an outlook of growth ahead.
As Head of Finance, you will be responsible for leading financial planning, forecasting, reporting and analysis.
This is an exciting time for the business and the successful candidate will play a major part in driving the continued growth and success for the business.
Reporting directly to the CFO, the role will work closely with Operations, Marketing and Sales functions to drive growth.
The role will be hands on and highly varied, taking overall responsibility for:
• Commercial finance activities, providing commercial insight and analysis of results, identifying underlying trends and challenging the business on performance
• Budgeting and Forecasting
• MI Reporting suite development
• Group wide financial controls
• Working closely with the Management Accounts team
• Cashflow management
• Driving improvements to internal reporting and systems
• Support the strategic planning and strategic initiatives of the company, including acquisitions, by providing financial planning and modelling skills
• Support, partner and challenge the Marketing and Operations teams with financial issues including providing financial training.
• Partner with other senior internal stakeholders including the CEO and CFO
• Ad-hoc projects to support the CFO
• Involvement with any ongoing M&A activities as well as investment appraisal
• Management of Audit, Banking and shareholder relationships
The successful candidate will be a strong relationship builder with proven experience of partnering with senior stakeholders. You must be highly commercially focussed with the ability to understand business strategy, identify and interpret financial trends
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA with minimum 5 years PQE, ideally with experience within hospitality or other multisite environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly ambitious business as they embark on a period of growth and redefined strategy. Working under a highly experienced CFO, you will be mentored, developed and guided, offering a clear pathway to progress into a Finance Director role in due course.