My client is an award winning, PE backed Enterprise software business based in Greater Manchester.
As an expansion stage, PE backed business with significant growth over the last 12 months, this is expected to accelerate as the market for their software continues to develop apace. This is an exciting time for the business and the successful candidate will play a major part in driving the continued growth and success of the business.
Whilst this role will report directly to the CFO, it is a key operational role and as such the successful candidate will also work closely with the CEO and COO to drive growth and profitability.
The Head of Finance role will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the Company.
The role will be hands on taking overall responsibility for the following:
- Finance Team – being responsible for the management, performance and continued development of the Finance team
- Financial Processes and Reporting – devise, implement and maintain appropriate systems, processes and controls across the company
- Performance – work closely with the operational teams to ensure the financial performance of the company is monitored and controlled in a fit for purpose manner
- KPIs – work with the senior management team to ensure the most appropriate KPIs and performance measures are in place to aid decision making
- Cash and working capital – maintain a high degree of focus on cash generation and ensure there is effective working capital management. Ensure appropriate credit control and treasury policies are in place
- Budget and Forecasts – delivery, development and management of integrated budgets and forecasts
- Statutory – be responsible for ensuring that the company complies with all statutory and fiscal requirements
- Audit – lead and control the annual audit process
- Ad hoc projects to support the senior leadership team
Preferred Profile and Experience
- Decisive and commercial
- Ability to work hands-on and a stickler for detail
- Ability to streamline and automate financial processes
- Ability to ‘challenge operational functions’ to optimise business performance
- Experienced in dynamics of a B2B software and technology focussed business (including the provision of professional services)
- Experienced in working in an SME business environment
- Team player able to forge strong working relationships across the company
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading Software business with huge scope for personal growth and development alongside a high calibre CFO and senior leadership team.