Axon Moore are searching for a Finance Director for a major infrastructure business in the Yorkshire region. The overall business has a Turnover of ca. £1Bn and spans a global footprint, with a growing presence in the UK market following a number of strategic acquisitions.
The overall strategy of the business places the Finance Director and Finance Function at the forefront of decision making. The coming years will see the business evolve into a number of new markets. The role of finance will be to ensure business plans are coherent and rigorous, targets are met and appropriate challenge is provided to its key stakeholders.
Reporting in to the MD, this role is a stand out opportunity in Yorkshire, responsible for a level of scale and complexity rarely seen in the region.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Appraisal of corporate strategy initiatives and business case analysis for new market ventures
- Providing business unit support to drive profit, performance and maximise gross margin
- Leading a substantially sized Finance Function, ensuring the structure is fit for purpose and the team are motivated and high performing
- Consider and execute M&A opportunities, as well as ensuring acquired businesses are coherently integrated into the Group structure
- Ensuring the business meets its Corporate Governance, Financial Controls and Regulatory requirements
- Treasury matters including FX and Hedging
- Leading corporate tax strategy
- Development and Leadership of the IT Function
The required candidate credentials for this role will include:
- ACA Qualified, ideally Big 4 Trained
- Significant experience within substantially-scaled (ideally listed) multinational businesses
- Likely to have held senior roles with a substantial Group Controllership remit, combined with experience as a Divisional Finance Lead
- Strong leader who is able to develop people, project the corporate vision to the team and drive performance
- Able to deal with complexity, evolving markets and a range change management projects
If this role is of interest and you feel you meet our client’s search criteria, we look forward to hearing from you