Are you recently qualified or studying towards ACCA/ACA in practice or industry, and looking to work for a more forward thinking, high growth and commercially focused business?
This is a newly created role working for a globally recognised manufacturing and retail brand who have fantastic, newly refurbished offices based in Leeds!
**The role would ideally suited to someone who is part or newly qualified ACA/ACCA with a good grounding in financial accounting, looking to take the next step up, or first step out of practice into industry**
The role will work as part of a busy finance team, reporting directly to the Group Finance Manager.
It will take responsibility for the maintaining the balance sheet, reviewing controls, project work and assisting with the audit.
The key duties of this role will include:
- Maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the balance sheet
- Payroll reconciliations
- Accounts Payable reconciliations
- Royalty accruals reconciliations
- Liaising with Group Reporting Manager to understand and assess accruals / prepayments
- Posting cash journals
- Matching and allocation of web cash receipts
- Investigating and resolving historical differences on balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting, where needed, in preparation of deliverables for the audit
- Review of controls / processes relevant to Finance that require development
- Assistance with ad-hoc projects where necessary
- Implementation of revised monthly balance sheet reconciliation reporting pack
The successful candidate will:
- Part or fully qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA - Essential
- Have a minimum of 12 months experience in a relevant role in either practice or industry - Essential
- Have the ability to work effectively and thrive within a fast paced working environment - Essential
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to push back, question and query - Essential
What's on offer?
- Hybrid working - 3 days from the office and 2 from home
- Study support (if required)
- On site parking
- Newly refurbished, modern offices that are easily accessible from Leeds, York, Wakefield and Harrogate
- Career progression opportunities within a high growth prestigious brand!