This is a fantastic opportunity for a part or fully qualified accountant to join a leading, international business in a hands on, Group Financial Accountant role, reporting directly to the Group Finance Manager.
Operating out of multiple sites across the UK, the group are now growing their international presence, as well as expanding their services across a range of sectors.
The business are now looking to hire a qualified financial accountant to join their Head Office finance team, who are based near to Pocklington, but the business offer hybrid and flexible working.
***This role would be ideally suited to a part or recently qualified accountant either in practice, looking for their first move into industry, or a part qualified/finalist already with industry experience, looking to further develop their skills!***
Reporting to the Group Finance Manager, the key duties of this role will include:
- Overseeing the general ledgers
- Preparation of the plc monthly VAT return
- Producing head office monthly management accounts and accompanying cost analysis and commentary
- Assisting the Group Finance Manager in the preparation of the Group’s management and statutory reporting
- Consolidated IFRS monthly management accounts and monthly analysis of the Group’s results.
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Preparation and analysis of weekly Group cash forecasting
- Assisting with the implementation and improvement of financial processes and procedures required to support the development of the business.
- Playing an important role in a variety of future Group-level projects.
- Preparation of statutory accounts for some subsidiaries
- Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting improvements where needed.
- Mentoring the Group Finance Assistant Accountant
The successful candidate will:
- Be ACA/ACCA/CIMA part or fully qualified in practice or industry - Essential
- Have a minimum of 3 years relevant management/financial accounting experience - Essential
- Have an advanced knowledge of MS Excel - Essential
- Have previous experience of Access Dimensions - Desirable
What's on offer?
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA study support (if required)
- Hybrid working
- On site parking