Axon Moore is working with a market-leading AIM listed business in the UK as they seek to strengthen their commercial finance team as they look to hire an experienced Head of Commercial Finance
This north west business has strong plans for growth and an exciting strategy with this role playing a key part in supporting this strategy and having a real commercial impact on the business. Working closely with the FD and Senior leadership team to drive improvements and add real value.
About the role
As the Head of Commercial Finance you will closely with the Senior team, you will leading the commercial strategy and drive forward business performance making commercially driven decisions to accelerate our growth and improve business performance.
Provide leadership and deliver value to the strategy of the division, becoming a key player in management teams, providing challenge and insight you will have a real impact in the strategy, operations and commercial growth within the business
Salary - £70,000 - £80,000 + bonus
Location = Crewe
- Manage ongoing forecasting and finance review to ensure commercial risks and opportunities are highlighted
- Responsible for long range planning (annual and 5-year plans) and preparation of strategic review papers for presentation
- Responsible for the production of regular forecasting, including 12 month rolling forecast, sales, EBIT and cash flow reporting
- Oversee and own performance monitoring against budgets and forecasts on a monthly basis, taking corrective action where necessary
- Assist in the achievement of EBIT and cash flow by monitoring and managing efficiencies.
- Achievement of Budgeted Cash Flow
- Ensure a consistent approach is provided across all areas of the business to deliver and measure performance.
- Continually striving for new methods of working and processes to ensure operational excellence and customer support
- Work closely with the FD to develop and implement new projects
- Provide direct support to the FD and Senior Management Teams and drive ongoing key initiatives, process improvement and general positive change
- Drive continued investment and analytics for the operations and finance teams, generating value to the business through business insights and process improvements
- Be able to analyse large volumes of data to giving meaningful business insights to improve performance
- Drive the P&L reviews and performance model forward, identifying growth opportunities, cost savings and efficiency gains whilst creating commercial awareness.
- Business Development and value add commercial analysis.
- Review of business performance, variance analysis, commentary business improvement
- Influence key decision making around contract performance, margins, pricing and retention
- Provide clear visibility of financial and commercial implications of decisions and support in holding the business to account for delivery of sales, margin and pricing targets
- Develop and produce meaningful insight and translation into Business Dashboards
- Manage and develop as a true business partner across the non-finance teams to include Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Support Functions - highlight key issues where appropriate
- Financial and business modelling for projects, including acquisitions
- Fully Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Commercial / Business Partnering experience is essential
- Proven Team Leadership experience with ability to coach and mentor
- Financial & Commercial acumen.
- Good IT and BI systems skills, knowledge and awareness
- Analytical expertise in understanding complex issues and problem solving.
- Strong decision making and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong motivational and innovative capabilities.
- Team building and collaboration across the organisation.
- Strategic thinker.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Previous experience in a similar is essential
For immediate consideration or more information on the role, please contact Aaron Conneran at Axon Moore on 07503 621 256