Axon Moore are exclusively recruiting a Senior Sales Ledger Analyst for a PE backed, rapidly growing and highly ambitious business based in the North-West of England. The business started trading mid-2022 and have already achieved £2m in revenue. They are working with a number of businesses and look to grow their portfolio of clients substantially. This is an extremely exciting time to join the business as they grow and they can deliver progression and development as required.
About the Role
The Senior Sales Ledger Analyst will manage the sales ledger function for the business, working alongside an external bookkeeper, with a view to eventually bringing this inhouse. You will be tasked with maintaining the end-to-end Sales Ledger function of billing, cash allocation and credit control, as well as helping to on-board new clients with credit checks, etc. The process is very Excel based so there is a keen eye for detail required for this role and you will need to make billing decisions from time to time. You will work very closely with the Senior Purchase Ledger Analyst and the Management Accountant to then report on gross margin for the Financial Controller.
Salary & Benefits – £30,000 - £40,000 depending on experience, 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, pension. The role is 100% remote working and will mostly remain this way with a monthly visit required to meet with the team. Please note that applicants should have a North West location as they will eventually open an office in Greater Manchester.
- On-boarding of clients, ensuring they are credit checked and all due diligence is followed
- Ensure all invoices are accurately billed to the customer in a timely manner
- Resolve any billing related queries with customers in a timely manner
- Allocate incoming cash to the customer accounts and ensure they balance
- Ensure overdue invoices are chased by phone/email to ensure prompt payment
- Proactively enhance the Sales Ledger function and system where issues arise
- Work with the finance team to drive best practice and improve processes
- Report to the FC gross margin in collaboration with the Senior Purchase Ledger Analyst and the Management Accountant
- Be involved in development projects to improve the finance function
- Support the department growth as the business grows
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role in Sales Ledger
- Experience with international transactions and multi-currency would be highly beneficial
- Experience in Logistics/Fashion/Retail/Procurement sectors would be highly beneficial
- Computer literate, ideally with experience on MS Dynamics
- Ability to work on own initiative with an inquisitive nature
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritise
- Confident communicator both written and verbally
- Intermediate Excel (Pivot tables/Look ups) skills are essential
- Ability to challenge and improve existing processes