My client is a leading international charity based in Greater Manchester.
The organisation is going through a period of rapid change and development with ever increasing funding (both public donations and institutional funding) and exposure following the successful delivery of multiple high-profile projects.
Reporting to the CEO, the CFO will lead and manage the finance teams (both domestic and international) in order to provide effective and efficient strategic and operational financial planning, monitoring, reporting and decision-making, ensuring that all subsidiary and affiliate companies and organisations comply with all local statutory and external (non-programmatic) requirements and regulations.
My client needs a strong leader with an excellent technical, financial grounding to lead the finance teams both within the UK and across international territories and the gravitas to influence at board level.
• Creating a strong sense of leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting teams worldwide
• Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO/Trustees and members of the Executive Team
• Managing the processes for financial forecasting, budgets and all financial reporting
• Managing the development and maintenance of financial systems, procedures and internal controls
• Reviewing all finance processes and procedures – formalising where appropriate
• Overseeing the annual audit process for all entities
• Ensuring compliance with administration and financial regulations in relation to charity, trust and company law and regulations as necessary
• Liaising and managing relationships with external advisers – accountants, lawyers, and other advisers where appropriate
• Leading or supporting on all significant finance-related projects
• Providing strategic direction to the Trustees regarding long term financial planning
• Overseeing and contributing to the preparation of forward Business Plans, 12-month budgets and rolling 6-month review of the Business Plans
The charity is commercially focused and detail orientated in their finances and so the ideal candidate will be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified, preferably with experience and knowledge of Charity accounting. Applicants must be experienced leaders, meticulous on detail and always striving for the best possible standards and outcomes for all stakeholders. They must be comfortable influencing at board level with enough gravitas to lead, manage and drive a rapidly growing international organisation, providing the right financial strategy and infrastructure to help fulfil its huge ambition.